Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Writer's High and Other Things

I'm currently working on a short story for intro to professional writing, and oh, do I love it! It's supposed to be 2,000 words, but I'm about to spill over that already.

There is something very exciting and refreshing about writing someone else's world. I find myself lost in the world as I write. Though I will forever insist I'm not trying to exist through the people I create, I can't help but do that, sometimes. I grow so immersed in the colors and voices and places.

The project? A sort-of commentary on reaching womanhood and right vs. wrong. Stay tuned.

---

How was your Thanksgiving? Excellent, I hope. My mom spoiled me to pieces while I was visiting my family in Fort Worth. She bought me a box of Godiva dark chocolates, as she did last year, which I plan to eat one at a time every morning until Christmas. It's like an Advent calendar...minus recognition of Advent. And the calendar.

Chris and I purchased our first Christmas tree, which is terribly exciting to my ever-present inner child. Though it is only 4 1/2 feet tall, I am happy because that guarantees my ability to put ornaments at the top.

---

Today, my professor told us, "You're twenty! You've been alive politically for, like, five seconds."

Lol, professor. Lol.

That's all I got. More steak and less popcorn at a later date, but maybe not until after finals are over...

3 comments:

  1. Of course, even assuming that he's referring to the time since you've been able to vote, and that he's counting it the same for himself, he's only been politically alive for 1 minute, 45 seconds if he's sixty. Not so long himself. :p

    I want steak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you savor the Godiva chocolate so... one a day - great self-discipline!
    All the firsts of being married are very special - cherish them. Hopefully Chris' Christmas ornaments will arrive soon; at least as soon as Kerry gets them mailed... save some room on your little tree for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss this post??
    I like it.
    And I think I know who said that. :)

    Oh, and story world.. I relate. Isn't it great? :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, or send via telepathy. But don't be rude!

Personal attacks, trolling, spam and anonymous posts will be deleted.